|HEAT TRANSFER VENTILATION|
|GAS DUCTED FORCED-AIR|
|HOT WATER SYSTEMS|
|SOLAR WATER HEATING|
Hot Water Systems
Water heating accounts for almost 28% of a typical household’s energy use so it’s a great investment to have energy-efficient hot water system that can help reduce your water heating costs.
Heating Systems has a range of energy efficient hot water heating systems that we can taylor to your needs and requirements
- convection electric or gas storage
- instant electric
- heat pump hot water heaters; or
- wet backs.
- solar hot water heaters
Other hot water systems are also available; Heating Systems can custom build any system to your requirements
Thinks to consider when choosing hot water heater for your home
- Energy source: The type of fuel or energy source is the most cost effective in your area and will match your requirements.
- Size: The correct sizing of your hot water heater is essential (whether energy efficient or otherwise). A household usually uses 200 litres of water per person per day, of which about 38 % is hot water.
- Energy efficiency: There are a variety of energy efficient hot water systems available on the market. It is important to ensure that you consider which system is most appropriate for your home and your lifestyle.
- Capital cost: The operational savings from an energy efficient hot water system have to be considered in relation to the capital cost of a system.
The four main kinds of energy-efficient water
- Hot water heat pumps: Hot water heat pumps work like a refrigerator in reverse, drawing warmth from the air to heat your water. They are efficient even in low sunlight areas, so you can achieve moderate energy savings year-round.
- Instant gas water heater: If solar or hot water heat pump systems are not practical for you, or you require back up we can recommend an energy-efficient gas water heating system (instant or boiler) that can be integrated in to your system to give endless hot water.
- Wetback: Installing a wetback is a useful way to harness the extra heat generated by a woodburner to provide you with hot water.NB; sum areas have clean air requirements means a wet backs may not be practable